Sr Programmer /Analyst
Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
· 8+ years development experience with web-based software applications
· 6+ years’ experience working in an Agile team development environment including Scrum and Kanban
· Solid working skills with C# and VB.Net framework 4.0 and above
· Working knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns and .NET best practices
· Experience writing complex queries, stored procedures against MS SQL server
· Experience with SSRS, LINQ, WCF, WPF, TFS
Education: B. S. or B. A. degree in computer-related field or equivalent experience
Experience: Has a minimum of 10 years of professional experience
Summary (scope and purpose): Expert-level position. Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements. Analyzes requirements and develops effective solutions. Plans, conducts and supervises assignments, generally involving the larger and more important assignments/projects or more than one assignment/project. Assignments require experience, originality and ingenuity. Reviews progress and evaluates results and recommends major changes in procedures. Operates with considerable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Acts in liaison and advisory capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
• Possesses and applies an advanced, comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of all aspects of application development.
• Has mastered the ability to work with business users to gather and document requirements.
• Is expert in translating user requirements into programs.
• Has a high level of business knowledge.
• Has proven strong and effective communication skills.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of RBS policies and procedures and contributes to the development and maintenance of these procedures.
• Typically an expert in at least one more technology domains.
• Has demonstrated strong project planning skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Writes and maintains technical specifications.
• Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
• Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
• Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
• Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
• Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
• Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
• Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
• Provides on-call and remote support as needed
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
• Performs analysis, designs solutions and codes solutions for complex requests
• Effectively balances multiple assignments at one time
• Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and timetables for developing programs.
• Perform the business analyst role for the business areas in which you work:
• Ensure the requirements are gathered understood, documented and approved.
• Advise clients on alternate options for providing a solution.
• Ensure they understand their systems and processes in order to enable them to become independent and be proactive instead of reactive.
• Suggest areas of change to enable the business to become more efficient.
• Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
• Consults with clients to gather information about program/system needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
• Plans, manages and reports for complex assignments/projects under $100K, and more than one assignment/project at a time.
• Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
• Provides guidance for others in multiple, complex technical areas
• Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by their manager