Sr Oracle/Perl Developer
REMOTE, CO | Contract
Responsible for the development and subsequent enhancement of a second-generation business line application used for client reporting. Develops detailed system design and programming specifications on assigned project. Supports the daily activity of the Business Areas by providing technical support for system issues. Regularly meets with the IT project lead to review progress and problems related to the job.
• Will work with IT project lead to independently develop and implement the system
• Produces technical documentation and designs and tests systems and/or systems changes accurately to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability
• Provide post-implementation support and develop future, iterative system releases
• Proven capabilities as Oracle/PERL developer
• Has some business technology knowledge in fixed income of investment processes
• Uses solid business knowledge to develop rapid proactive solutions for significant business issues. Clearly understands purposes, objectives, practices procedures of the department and business units
• Maintains a solid knowledge of corporate and departmental information system strategies
• Demonstrates proficiency in systems analysis of business requirements
• Superior knowledge of Sybase including writing stored procedures, triggers, etc.
• Knowledge of Client-server concepts (3 tier architecture concepts preferred) and GUI development concepts required