Sr Manager of Systems and Network Operations
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
The Senior Manager of Systems and Network Operations is responsible for the portfolio of services providing ongoing evolution, administration and support the core technical infrastructure and network operations. This includes the management, mentoring, and development of the technical teams and personnel that provide these services. This individual serves as a knowledge expert in these areas and is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of agreed upon technology service level objectives in a retail 365/24/7 environment. Up to 10% travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and deliver the infrastructure service portfolio (service catalog) that includes specification, implementation, monitoring, and on-going maintenance and technical support of the
company’s technical operating environment, including the networks, servers, storage, and systems
software that support business operations.
· Manage the service delivery processes associated with the service portfolio including but not limited to Change, Configuration, and Incident Management
· Manages the prioritization, communication, and fulfillment of the competing demands created by known projects, unplanned IT events, and ongoing support & administration of the relevant technology services
· Leads, mentors, and develops team personnel. Serves as a direct reference and knowledge expert for escalated
· Assists with diagnosing and resolving recurring issues and faults as needed.
· Conducts technology presentations and education sessions to inform employees how to use various technologies
throughout the organization.
· Manages project and initiative delivery ensuring that the functional requirements and success criteria for projects are fully understood, translated into appropriate technical requirements and specifications, and oversees successful team execution to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
· Ensures the availability, continuity, and security of data and information related to the organization.
· Creates and executes implementation plans for the installation and configuration of the networking and core
infrastructure components including virtualization, identity management, perimeter security, and messaging
· Reviews and approves documentation for production systems and support activities.
· Assesses current operations processes and recommends new methods to streamline procedures, improve
productivity, and improve system availability.
· Approves and oversees routine preventative maintenance on all technical infrastructure.
· Supports the entire project management cycle of all engineering and technician projects and tasks.
· Prepares and reviews reports with management and project managers.
· Researches, recommends, and influences new technology and solutions.
Work Experience/ Education:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred
· 5+ years experience in related field preferred
· 2+ years in a project management and/or managerial position preferred. Experience in Agile Methodology is a plus
· Knowledge of network operations, data center operations, virtualization (including SAN/NAS technologies and SAN fabric technologies), network hardware, and software installation and configuration strongly preferred
· Advanced technical certifications a plus