Sr Java Developer x4
Fort Worth, TX | Contract
Role: Sr Java Developer
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for development, design and testing of Supply Chain, Merchandising, and Inventory related Java applications. You will also contribute in high level design discussions regarding application architecture. You need to have the expertise to develop applications as per business requirements within strict time lines, with proven experience in building Java applications that can support high transactional volumes, in a highly-distributed environment.
- Participate in all phases of development as part of a high-performing software delivery team.
- Collaborate with other functional area experts to design complete solutions that meet the business requirements.
- Collaborate with team-members to design solutions that ensure technical excellence in platform performance and stability.
- Actively participate in team retrospectives to look for opportunities to improve all aspects of the team development process.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, open, and dynamic Agile/SCRUM environment
- Bachelors degree or applicable experience
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in server-side Java development
- A solid grasp of OO principles and design patterns
- Experience building RESTful web services and using common Java libraries like Spring Framework (Spring Boot, IOC, MVC, AOP), Hibernate, Tomcat, Maven, IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ)
- Experience using RDBMS technologies such as Oracle, MySQL, DB2 or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Linux (RedHat, CentOS, or Ubuntu) including Bash/Korn scripting
- Experience using testing frameworks like JUnit, and Mockito
- Familiarity with SPA web development technologies such as Angular.js or Ember.js
- Familiarity with messaging technologies such as JMS or RabbitMQ
- Other languages such as Clojure, Scala, Groovy, Python
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Heroku, Azure