Sr Database Developer
Atlanta, Georgia | Contract To Hire
Sr Database Developer
Our plan is to review resumes and identify candidates that we would like to phone screen. From those candidates, we will narrow down to onsite interviews. For onsite interviews, the candidates will be expected to complete a challenge that will be used as talking points in the interview. We are looking at team fit as well as technical skills. Please limit the number of resumes you submit to 2 or 3. We will do our best to provide feedback as soon as possible.
Senior Database Developer (MSS – Business Systems)
We are seeking a Senior Database Developer as a key member of the Stewardship team. We require someone with a strong database development background, has proficient modeling skills, is comfortable with large ETL projects, and can work in a team environment. This role requires working with various data sources as well as multiple solution technologies. We need someone who is creative and thinks critically to tackle complex challenges. This role requires good communication skills. The developer must be comfortable working closely with Business Analysts and Business Subject Matter experts, in addition to other development teams.
This role will have the following responsibilities:
* Designing and updating a relational database and maintaining the overall integrity of the data model using PostgreSQL
* Designing and updating a star schema data warehouse and maintaining the overall integrity of the data model
* Creating and maintaining an ETL project using Pentaho. May require some application development to access queues or other technologies.
* Consulting with internal development teams to harvest data from SQL Server, files, RESTful services and document databases
* Working with several large and complex SQL databases
Minimum work experience:
* 5+ years of experience as a database developer.
* Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
* Understanding of dimensional modeling and data warehouse concepts
* Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Self-motivated and able to work independently
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MBA, MIS, or equivalent education, training, and/or experience
* Experience working on an Agile/SCRUM/Kanban team
* Strong SQL skills. Should be able to write complex queries and implement performance tuning
* Should have extensive ETL knowledge. Preference in Pentaho knowledge or equivalent tool.
* Familiar with various data sources: files, SQL Server, Oracle, Hive, JSON
* Star schema design and methodology
* Experience with application development is a plus: node.js, Python
* Experience with git source control