Sr Cloud Software Engineer
midtown, GA | Direct Hire
Sr. Software Engineer
Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers. We are looking for talented Senior Cloud Software Engineers to join our expanding platform as a service team.
- 5+ years of software development experience, using agile methodologies
- Excellent development skills with Java or another JVM language
- Experience using relational and non-relational databases
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern frameworks for building high-throughout, resilient micro services
- Understanding of full SDLC and methodologies such as TDD, BDD, and experience with tools and frameworks for automating the delivery pipeline.
- Familiarity with distributed design patterns, message-driven architectures, high-volume data stores, and horizontal scaling techniques
Background working on highly-available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems
- Skill with additional programming languages such as C#, C++, Scala, Go, Clojure, etc.
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, vert.x, node.js
- Participated in public open source projects
- Prior experience using, or knowledge of, Hadoop and associated technologies such as HBase, Phoenix, as well as with Apache Storm, Kafka, and Solr.
- Strong foundation in developing cloud-based solutions using platforms such as Heroku, Azure, or Amazon AWS
- Knowledge of 12-factor application principles
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Crafting clean, well-tested code using rigorous continuous delivery methodologies, including automated functional and non-functional testing.
- Participation in an enterprise open source community by producing quality project and API documentation, samples, and answering forum questions.
- Building large-scale applications using Java or similar languages, with a focus on high-performance, scalability and resiliency in a service-oriented environment.