Sr Category Manager
Atlanta, GA | Contract
Job Scope and Responsibilities
The Sr. Category Manager position, located in Atlanta, Georgia, will be responsible for the ongoing support of a corporate wide strategic sourcing and supplier rationalization program for direct purchases. The program will provide comprehensive sourcing strategies that ensure the '' best value'' result is achieved within the defined commodities.
The Sr. Category Manager (SCM) is responsible for all aspects of sourcing events including identifying opportunities, understanding business requirements, developing category strategy, conducting market assessments, managing the sourcing process (including RFQs, RFIs and RFPs), identifying supplier participants and conducting supplier capability and suitability assessments, performing analysis, conducting negotiations and contract review and presenting regular status updates to the appropriate audiences. The SCM is responsible for leading cross functional teams to accomplish this and to ensure an implementation plan is developed and ready for execution.
The Sr. Category Manager will also be responsible for ongoing supplier evaluation and contract compliance. In addition, this position is expected to develop a deep understanding of our business, processes and procedures and our internal customers’ objectives to develop strategies that meet their current and future procurement needs as well as develop broad supplier, product, and industry knowledge to provide sourcing expertise to your internal clients.
· Develop the category strategy for defined purchase categories in collaboration with other divisions and senior management.
· Lead cross-functional teams to understand requirements, develop strategies and deliver on sourcing implementation plans.
· Build portfolio of defined purchase categories.
· Establish category priorities based on benefits opportunities.
· Establish performance management for category. Establish and track both category and supplier performance metrics.
· Optimize supply base moving towards a few strategic suppliers.
· Recognize and appropriately act upon supplier development opportunities (potential new relevant suppliers).
· Develop supplier relationship management strategies and own supplier relationships for defined purchases.
· Lead development of the negotiation strategy.
· Lead supplier qualification and measurement for category.
· Managing sourcing process ensuring supplier diversity is built into the process.
· Work with the contracts department to create agreements/contracts/standing orders with successful supplier(s), which contain the benefits (prices, service, technology, asset/inventory management, quality, etc.), using corporate contract templates or other approved methods.
· Interfaces with suppliers on issues that affect supplier operations and strategic issues. Implement supply chain initiatives that provide end-to-end integrated opportunities for efficiency. Responsible for establishing, executing and tracking project plans, utilizing fundamental project management techniques.
· Work closely with field personnel in addressing any issues that may arise as a result of vendor selection and/or pricing.
· Work with field personnel to understand the vehicle estimating and parts ordering processes to ensure vendor selection and contractual commitment is aligned with internal processes.