Sr Business Analyst Consultant
Atlanta, GA | Contract
The focus of the BA’ s effort will be identifying, gathering and documenting solution requirements (traditional and agile) that meet our internal and external customer (B2B and Consumer) needs for various Products/Initiatives. Products include, but are not limited to Business View, SDM, RiskNet, Global Transport, Salesforce and Boarding.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Has the ability to identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems.
- Able to work hand-in-hand with the assigned Product Manager on all enhancement requests associated with assigned product
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs in the following business areas: Reporting, Invoicing, boarding, order entry, and host access.
- Works as a liaison among multiple stakeholders and/or subject matter experts in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
- Leadership ability to shepherd requirements from ideation through Production including matrix managing QA and Dev resources throughout the SDLC process
- Responsible for publishing, reviewing and getting approval on User Stories, Requirement documents and release notes
- Responsible for coordinating UAT activities with internal and external users
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Analyzes technical specifications to generate functional requirements.
- Conduct industry/product research and analysis with little or no oversight.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Information Management, or a related area of specialization required
- 3-5 years of field experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Information Management, or a related area of specialization required
- Understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management practices, and the ability to apply them in the context of a given project required
- An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to the specific software development life cycle approach practiced in a given environment required
- An understanding of project management concepts and how business processes and information systems are developed required
- Familiarity with requirements engineering systems (such as Quality Center) is a plus
- Payment processing business or application domain knowledge is a plus
- Familiar with programming languages and web environments such as: .net, VB.net, ASP, XML, C#, J#, SOAP, OCX, VB6, etc. preferred