Sr BI Developer
Atlanta, Georgia | Contract To Hire
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
We are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Developer as a key member of the Audience Data and Analytics team. We require someone with a strong data warehouse background, has proficient modeling skills, is comfortable with large ETL projects, and can work in a team environment. This role requires working with various data sources, both internal and external, as well as multiple solution technologies. We need someone who is creative and thinks critically to tackle complex challenges; and has a passion for solving business problems with data solutions. This role requires good communication skills. The developer must be comfortable working closely with Business Analysts and Business Subject Matter experts, in addition to other development teams. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, endlessly curious, takes pride in hard work and is committed to rapidly advancing both the business units they support and their careers.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Designing and updating a star schema data warehouse and maintaining the overall integrity of the data model
- Creating and maintaining a large SSIS project and corresponding database projects
- Consulting with internal development teams to harvest data from SQL Server and document databases
- Working with business data stewards and business analysts to determine business requirements for data solutions
- Working with several large and complex SQL databases
- Working with third party vendors to load large data sets and aggregate where needed
- Wrangling data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and traffic databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Designing and building reports and analyses using Reporting Services/ Report Builder, Tableau, Excel and/or PowerPivot
- Assisting business data stewards and other consumers, as a consultant, on best practices to retrieve and analyze data
- Designing future solutions to take advantage of cloud resources
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Developer
- Excellent understanding of dimensional modeling and data warehouse concepts (Kimball and/or Inmon)
- Bachelor Degree CIS, MIS, BBA or equivalent
- Experience working on an Agile/SCRUM/Kanban team Technical Skills:
- Strong SQL skills. Should be able to write complex queries and implement performance tuning - Should have extensive SSIS knowledge and be familiar with SSIS projects
- Familiar with various data sources: files, SQL Server, Oracle, Hive, JSON
- Star schema design and methodology
- Familiar with PowerPivot, Excel, SSAS
- Experience building Tabular models with Excel PowerPivot or Microsoft Analysis Services
- Experience with DAX is a plus
- Experience with Azure data and storage product a plus
- Tableau exposure a plus - Knowledge of Reporting Services (SSRS) or other reporting tools a plus
- Demonstrate SQL skills and ETL knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to design a star schema solution
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced communication skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
- Ability to work independently. Self-starter.
- Ability to work effectively with a large team of people, working toward the same goal.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication