Sr Applications DBA (Oracle)
Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
Sr Applications DBA
The Senior Application DBA is responsible for successful delivery/design of database solutions. Individual must have ER Modeling & Oracle performance tuning experience. In addition, individual should have an aptitude for gaining deep knowledge of the business, and proactively using this knowledge to implement meaningful solutions.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Seven or more years of experience in information technology
• Seven or more years of experience with Oracle 11g/12c database administration and PL/SQL development
• Strong expertise in Oracle Database and Performance Tuning and Optimization.
• Solid understanding and hands-on skills in relational database architecture and design patterns.
• Full understanding of relational database architecture and programming of stored procedures and triggers.
• Moderate PL/SQL programming experience.
• Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
• Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
• Passion for Oracle and learning new database technologies
• Experience with Unix/Linux platform.
• Certification in Oracle 12c Administration is desirable
• Controller of database changes including ensuring that standards such as naming conventions are followed.
• Creation of detailed schema designs based on requirements.
• Creation of database deployment scripts for migrating application releases between environments
• Tuning of under-performing statements and queries, analysis of database performance
• Work with developers, system, and network administrators to support and improve system performance and stability.
• Assistance to other team members in proper query/procedure creation
• Liaison with integration partners
• Prepare technical specifications for application enhancements.
• Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables.