Sr .Net Developer
Norcross, GA | Contract
Essential Job Duties:
1. Design, architect and build enterprise platforms for application integration, web and mobile application development.
2. Develops new software applications in partnership with business analysts and mentors other developers. Codes logic to project specifications.
3. Upgrades existing software as the end user’ s needs change
4. Tests software to ensure code correctness, debugging errors where they occur and tunes code for performance and scalability.
5. Builds unit test and automated test scripts and test data.
6. Performs code reviews and adheres to code quality standards
7. Works with trainers and technical writers to develop user support materials.
8. Estimates project/task completion to aid in developing time lines.
9. Analyzes and designs varying size projects with limited supervision, that requires exposure to all aspects of the project life cycle and varying levels of user contact.
10. Participates in training classes to enhance the software development knowledge base as required to perform software development.
11. Adheres to IS software change control policy, standards, and procedures.
12. Provide input to management throughout the Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC)
13. Ensures that development procedures and assigned duties comply with SOX regulations.
14. Attends and is prepared to participate in department, company and industry meetings
15. Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Work Completion and Techniques:
1. Evaluates data, reports, feedback, observations and other information in determining priorities.
2. Uses prior knowledge and industry specific, historical experiences in resolving problems.
3. Conducts all assignments as a professional and role model with a sense of urgency.
4. Uses professional communication and conflict resolution techniques as required.
5. References and reflects upon the Company mission, values, and strategic imperatives in completing and/or assigning all work.
2. Three years work experience using MS SQL Server 7.0+ or equivalent RDBMS.
3. Well-versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies
4. Experienced at designing and building Web Services Middle tier layer leveraging Microsoft technology stack.
7. Experience writing SQL, TSQL, or PLSQL a plus
9. Prior experience leveraging JSON and XML. Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL data stores is a plus.
10. Version control experience (Git / TFS)
12. Automated testing experience is a plus (Selenium)
13. Solid Web Service design skills. Microsoft web services architecture and build.
14. Solid UI design skills. Graphical design skills are a plus
15. Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
16. Ability to read, understand and translate user specifications into software logic.
17. Ability to report facts and technical information.
18. Ability to organize, prepare, execute and interpret processing data to define and resolve problems.
19. Ability to code logic and debug logic until is it considered to be operational and functional.
20. Strong communication, problem solving and time management skills.
21. Strong knowledge of development tools and database programming environments.
22. Demonstrate consistent and effective customer service skills in assisting employees and users who access and utilize the company software application.
24. Experience with Powerbuilder to .NET conversion a plus.