Atlanta, GA | Contract
The Sr. Sourcing Manager will lead the development and provide the ongoing support for a corporate wide strategic sourcing and supplier rationalization program for Technology category. This position is responsible for the delivery and execution of sourcing projects. This includes defining category specific sourcing strategy plans and leading the sourcing process to include market and baseline analysis, managing suppliers, developing and implementing strategies, performing supplier capability assessments, continuous improvement and benchmarking that supports the Technology category.
The Sourcing Manager will provide comprehensive strategies that ensure the '' best value'' result is achieved within the category. This includes identifying, evaluating, and selecting suppliers to meet internal business needs, managing sourcing processes and completing necessary documentation (including RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs), and conducting supplier capability and suitability assessments. This role will assist in negotiating product/service pricing and contractual terms and conditions. The Sourcing Manager will assist in establishing standardized and comprehensive contract management packages that comply with the legal department processes, procedures and requirements and that also minimize any potential financial or contractual risks. In addition, this position is expected to have a deep understanding of our internal customers businesses and their objectives to develop strategies that meet their current and future procurement needs as well as develop broad supplier, product, and industry knowledge to provide sourcing expertise to internal clients.
The position will engage suppliers by leading the end-to-end supplier selection and bidding processes across high value spend and continuous improvement processes. Results and benefits will be measured across financial and operational dimensions, including price, quality and service.
- Responsible for the evaluation of supplier performance and compliance when considering contract renewals
- Engage suppliers by leading the end-to-end supplier selection and bidding processes across high value spend and continuous improvement processes
- Define category specific sourcing strategy plans and lead the sourcing process to include market and baseline analysis, manage suppliers, develop and implement strategies, perform supplier capability assessments, continuous improvement and benchmarking that supports the Technology category
- Responsible for leading the development and providing the ongoing support for a corporate wide strategic sourcing and supplier rationalization program for Cox Automotive specific categories.
- Assist the Technology Category Manager in implementation planning and execution of opportunities and supplier escalation processes and supplier relationship management/issue resolution
- Serves as an agent to guide Cox Automotive’ s supplier diversity and sustainability efforts
- Establish balanced scorecard selection metrics beyond purchase price
- Drive implementation planning and execution for identified purchasing opportunities within new or existing suppliers and solutions.
- Drive special project opportunities within categories (supplier and cost benchmarking and research, etc.)
- Develops and implements program standards, procedures, guidance and discipline
- Identifies change management opportunities and develops recommendations.
- Responsible for facilitating meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Maintain knowledge of suppliers within the Technology category for opportunity identification and business case development.
- Negotiates contracts for strategic and large supplier contracts for the procurement of Software and Services related to the Technology category.
- Implement multi-year strategic alliances with suppliers to leverage company/enterprise wide volume, reducing the number of suppliers to an optimum number.
- Work with IT Security and legal to drive risk mitigation as it relates to Technology projects and supplier contracts.
- Works with legal to create agreements/contracts/standing orders with successful supplier(s) in compliance with company standards
- Special projects as needed
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing.
- Experience successfully supporting a large-scale Program Management / Process Improvement / Integration initiatives resulting in organizational change.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite and preferably e-Sourcing tools