Solutions Test Engineer
Spring, TX | Direct Hire
Senior Solutions Test Engineer - Spring, TX
• Drive and execute Solutions test planning, and execution including trouble-shooting, verification and validation processes and ensure high quality of Customer Solutions.
• Apply our leading technology with industry leading applications, to validate and quantify solutions for customer deployment.
• Setting up solutions and fine-tuning the system and applications to run at peak performance, and identify problematic issues and system bottlenecks, as well as the solutions to resolve them.
• Create and execute test plans for new and sustaining products, in parallel with product development cycle, to ensure solid product quality across new and existing features and help Identify features and enhancements within the product that will enable the highest possible level of system reliability and performance.
• Contribute towards knowledge-based articles and technical documents based on your findings when optimizing the solutions’ operation and performance. Help validate solution integration with application software from major providers.
• Work with outside software vendors for testing resources (i.e. tools, applications, licensing)
• Work on certifications and equivalencies with partner organizations
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Technical Management, or similar, preferred.
• 5+ years of technical experience in deployment and testing of Hyper-Converged systems or other virtualized storage systems including integrated software & hardware solutions. Experience as a Lead is a plus.
• 3+ years of Solutions/Performance testing experience in 2 or more of the following: Surveillance performance, Rapid Desktop / VDI scalability, IO performance, Database/SQL performance, BU/DR performance, Network performance etc.
• Experience in deep performance related test result analysis of integrated systems.
• Strong Solutions testing experience in 2 or more of the following: Surveillance performance, Rapid Desktop / VDI scalability, IO performance, Database/SQL performance, BU/DR performance, Network performance etc.
• Good understanding of Storage, RAID/Erasure-Coding technologies
• Good experience in Virtualization with VMware
• Good experience in Datacenter/Server-Networking-Storage domain, including setup, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, upgrades and maintenance
• Start-up experience and VCP Certification preferred
• Experience with automation or development, especially as it pertains to performance analysis testing is a plus.
• Experience with Performance Sizing requirements and in training and supporting 3rd Level Support, Sales, and Marketing Teams.
• Ability to present to large teams on Solutions analysis and methodologies.
• Ability to summarize test results and analysis into White Papers, Reference Architectures, and Best Practices.
• Oversee Day to Day Team Project, and Testing Tasks
• Located in Spring/Northwest Houston, TX area
• Some out of town/state travel will be required.
• Pro-active and self-motivated to take ownership of individual test projects and drive them conception to completion, including overcoming road-blocks to deliver successfully and in a timely and consistent manner.
• Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly.
• Ability to expand and grow less advanced skillsets
• Ability to assess skillsets of others and help plan projects based on SWOT analysis
• Driven towards high quality and continuous process improvement in all aspects of testing
• Strong attention-to-detail, problem solving skills and analytical ability
• Team oriented and good inter-personal skills, ability to work well both independently and as a part of a team
• Foster relationships between different Engineering teams such as QA & Development.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with changes
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written), time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities