Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
The Solutions Architect leads complex projects and ensures the success of enterprise-level application roll outs. Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions, conducts business reviews, documents current systems, and develops recommendations of how to proceed with the applications. May contribute in the planning of the overall organizational IT strategy.
- Design and architect scalable, distributed on-prem and cloud based Services and Applications that integrate across different technologies.
- Provide comprehensive architectural support to development staff at the highest technical level for all aspects to ensure proposed solutions are technically viable.
- Define and/or validate logical and physical architecture for a proposed solution, applying all relevant enterprise and industry standards.
- Work closely with software engineering and technical teams to ensure successful rollout of the solution.
- Work closely with business stakeholders so that business vision and requirements are addressed correctly.
- Analyze complex functional and non-functional requirements and make appropriate design adjustments, as well as provide effort estimates to support project management.
- Carry out performance analysis of existing and proposed solutions against difficult-to-achieve performance requirements.
- Interact with vendors, as required, to provide necessary oversight to software implementation and product rollout processes.
- Provide guidance to software development teams on activities including service-oriented and object-oriented analysis and design.
- Define and support software architecture models and write the necessary code, frameworks, and documentation to distribute to the technical community to leverage in technical solutions
- Effectively communicate design concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead and mentor other software engineers in the company.
- Be part of a team of peers working on highly technical initiatives.
- Conduct evaluation of new technology platforms and components.
- Create ‘Request for Proposal’ documents in collaboration with different business entities.
- Make recommendations for software and hardware end of life replacement.
- Create and participate in the establishment of reference architecture and domain models.
- Follow the established Enterprise Architecture methodology.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Excellent Java development skills.
- Knowledge of .NET systems is preferred
- Good nodeJS programming skills
- Minimum of 8+ years of Java based development.
- 10+ years of experience in software development and design.
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture role.
- Experience in applying Service-Oriented Architecture to solutions.
- Deep knowledge and experience in using and applying API, SOAP, WSDL, JSON and XML based solutions.
- Experience with ESB is a plus.
- Exposure to Enterprise Architecture is a plus.