Software Test Engineer
Fort Worth, Texas | Direct Hire
Software Test Engineer
Forth Worth, TX
Do you love building software that thrills your customers? Do you obsess over the quality of your software? Do you insist on the highest standards for the software your team develops? Are you an advocate of continuous delivery and measureable quality? Are you an advocate of your customers’ end-user experience?
Well if this is you, then come join a strong and energetic team of engineers who are building our next generation test automation services platform and applications. As a Test Engineer you will be part of an Agile team and involved in all aspects of our projects’ lifecycle from inception through release working closely with the team’ s product owner, architect and engineers. Your mandate on the team will be (a) to test the production features being developed, (b) to maximize the testability of the software by finding and closing gaps in test coverage (c) to minimize the team’ s overall internal defect leakage by shifting the balance of how we manage quality from end-of-cycle defect detection & containment (bug-finding & fix cycles) to up-front defect prevention through test practices & automation. You will be creating manual test scripts and supporting the creation of automation test scripts using our CP automation tools. You will utilize various tools, among those: Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, the Atlassian suite, our virtual labs and helping build out fully automated reporting of all the various project quality metrics with a vision of achieving “ push-button” reporting of a project’ s software quality and trending (code coverage, static analysis, test surface coverage). You will be build the master feature suite of test cases for our solutions towards the goal of mapping out our complete test coverage needs in the form of automation and manual test scripts. Primary Responsibilities
- Be part of an Agile team, participate in all Agile ceremonies & activities and be accountable for the sprint deliverable.
- Participate in Release/Iteration planning, smoke, feature and regression test planning
- Setting up test environments as required including EFT terminals & POS applications
- Preparing Test Plans for Service Level Tests, Integration Tests and UI tests as needed
- Execute manual & automation smoke, feature & regression tests
- Contribute to periodic status reports on testing activities (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Review product owner acceptance criteria and look for functional gaps.
- Write feature use cases in BDD to drive the creation of automated and/or manual test cases
- 2-4 years of experience in software testing or software engineering
- Good communication & excelling working in a collaborative team environment
- Working experience with test management tools TFS, MTM, JIRA or equivalents like QC & QTP
- Working experience with agile methodologies
- Computer science fundamentals: OOP, design patters, data structures & algorithms
- Basic DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server including schema design, queries & basic administration Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with BDD, the Gherkin language & supporting tools (SpecFlow, JBehave, Cucumber…)
- Experience with network management, POS terminal, POS peripheral & EFT terminal setup
- Retail POS industry knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of retail grocery and/or Hospitality business processes and analysis.