Software Engineer III
Morrisville, NC | Direct Hire
- Responsible for the design and development user interfaces interacting with server side modules for the AGA suite of applications.
- Work with ADMS team members to formulate functional specifications and transform them into technical requirements.
- Assist the senior developers and technical lead in preparing specification and design documents when required.
- Identify implementable tasks from the requirements; define milestones for each task.
- Implement and test software modules to the design using OOAD techniques.
- Develop high quality code components in Java and No-SQL languages.
- Identify and report any technical/software issues and concerns to the team lead and help resolve them as soon as possible.
- Follow company polices and coding standards.
- Strong programming experience in Java.
- Experience with application servers such as Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in developing web services using Restlet, Shiro, and Quartz.
- Experience using the following technologies Ant+Ivy, SVN, Jenkins.
- Experience with the Agile Scrum development model.
- Experience working with MongoDB or similar relational databases.
- Experience developing database schema, writing queries and using ORM tools.
- Knowledge of power system modeling and analysis or energy management systems.
- Experience in leading small software teams.
- Experience in working with huge volumes of data and analytics.
- A minimum of 5 years of software design and development experience using Java.
- Experience with UI design using GWT, GXT.
- Development experience with Eclipse IDE, Windows and Linux.
- Strong software design using OOAD skills.
- A bachelor’ s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.