Software Engineer I
New Hyde Park, NY | Contract
- Write readable, maintainable, reusable and efficient code.
- Strong experience in AWS Cloud platform technologies.
- Design, develop, and maintain cloud-based and web-based applications and services to enhance performance and reliability of our current applications
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products, with proven advanced technologies
- Design and develop service oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third party components
- Collaborate with developer scrum team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Proficiency in subject matter must be developed. Context and understanding is everything for a developer!
- Analyze and resolve complex problems and articulate approaches to prevent issues in future.
- Develop unit test and automated test plans.
- Perform off-hours production support, PVT and act as point of contact for software releases.
- Evangelize new technology ideas within your team and across other teams.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 2+ years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
- Experience designing and implementing web applications with highly optimized and scale-able architectures
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong .NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies.
- Experience with automation test suites such as Robot Framework is a plus.
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services, and agile development methodologies desired
- Ability to transform real world business statements into object models.
- Strong experience in responsive web design.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively respond to a changing business environment.
- Proven Ability to handle multiple high priority initiatives efficiently.
- Strong experience in continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience in working with other functional technical areas including DBA’s, Infrastructure, Network Engineering and Product Management.
- Demonstrates strong desire and initiative to learn new technologies and products that are outside the comfort zone and contributes as a subject matter expert.
- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude and proactive approach to assist with large-scale or enterprise initiatives that may span multiple teams.