Software Engineer, Node.js/Scala
Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
We' re looking for a Software Engineer that likes to be part of product development. You' ll be a key member of a small, skilled, results-oriented team. We want people who love turning ideas into software and are really good at doing just that. You' ll be working as part of an agile team to build tools and RESTful services deployed on AWS. These services are the core of our Cognitive Engagement product suite.
You should have solid experience in software design, implementation, automation, and testing. Ideal language experience includes NodeJS or Scala. This position provides endless career growth opportunities within many emerging technologies, including Cloud, Big Data & Analytics, and Cognitive Computing technologies.
- Bachelor’ s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
- In depth knowledge and experience in Computer Science Theory
- 3+ years Experience using Node.js or Scala
- Knowledge of QA tools (e.g. Unit/Functional/Regression/Load Testing, and Automation)
- Proficiency with Version Control (GIT)
- Experience with AWS, Unix, JSON, REST, SQL, NoSQL
- Exposure Developing Cognitive/Machine Learning systems
- Experience with large-scale, high-use apps
- Functional Programming experience using F#/Scala/Haskell
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and other Agile practices
- Familiarity with IntelliJ, Eclipse, and/or Netbeans Java IDEs
- Familiarity with Jira (Bug/Issue tracking tool) or Github Issue Tracking