Software Developer III
Alpharetta, Georgia | Direct Hire
Software Developer III' s are responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software for new and existing programs. They will interact daily with other team members to ensure that a quality product is delivered in a timely manner. They are expected to be able to own the solution to complex software problems/needs from design to delivery.
• Designs, modifies, implements, and documents software application changes.
• Tests and supports applications internally and externally.
• Participates and leads others in analysis, design, testing, and review processes.
• Provides estimations of work based on requirements.
• Writes product specifications, designs, and technical manuals.
• Leads implementation teams; Provides leadership of small to medium size projects; collaborates with product managers and other cross-functional team members.
• Evaluates third-party products and specifications.
• Maintains responsibility of assigned tasks by using experience/knowledge of environment to make design/development decisions.
• Provides feedback to peer performance reviews.
• Responsible for technology in a given work area.
• Educates others (technical and non-technical) on areas of expertise.
• Works under the supervision of an Engineering Manager.
• Provides development level support for assigned products and projects throughout the development lifecycle.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Formal education level: Bachelor’ s degree in a related area (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Services, Management Information Services) or equivalent industry experience.
Specific skills & proficiency level:
• Must exhibit good judgment in decision making.
• Experienced in Software Development Methodologies (RUP, Agile, etc.).
• Experienced w/ Software Engineering best practices (Design Patterns, Coding Style, etc.).
• Must excel in verbal and written communications.
• Able to convey technical concepts with non-technical audiences.
• Able to troubleshoot complex systems including hardware and software systems.
• C/C++ (Microsoft Visual C++ Preferred)
• Microsoft Win32 API (SDK)
• Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC)
• Microsoft .Net Framework exposure/skills
• Microsoft C#
• ATL and/or Component Object Model (COM)
• Microsoft SQL Server and ODBC
• Extensible Markup Language (XML)
• TCP/IP Socket level communications
• Object-Oriented analysis and design tools experience (Rational Rose, Visual UML, etc.)
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 8+ years of experience developing applications using C/C++
• 5+ years of experience developing applications for a Windows operating system platform
• 5+ years of experience developing object oriented solutions
• 3+ years of RDBMS design/development experience with, but not limited to, SQL, stored procedures, triggers, ODBC, normalization preferred
• 1+ year of C# nice to have
• 1+ year .Net Framework nice to have
• Retail experience, especially in the Convenience Store industry preferred
• Point of Sale system experience preferred
• Overtime may be necessary to complete tasks
• Occasional travel may be required
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.