Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply your extensive technical knowledge while working in a fun, fast paced environment. It's a growing and we are increasing in scale and adding brand new applications. As the person who fills our new Software Architect role, you will be instrumental in designing and guiding the scaling of our current solutions, and design and delivery of many future offerings in the pipeline as well.
- Define the non-functional requirements of the system, ensuring system qualities are delivered according to need
- Define the architecture when adding major new functions to existing systems, including formally documenting portions of the existing architecture where necessary
- Define the architecture for new systems
- Choose technology considering cost, licensing, technology strategy, compatibility, interoperability, support, deployment, upgrade strategy, and end-user environments, with consideration toward reducing risk
- Plan testing of the implemented architectural solution to ensure it meets use acceptance, stress, and regression where applicable
- Collaborate with developers, QA, and stakeholders to deliver refined solution
- MS Windows servers (web, file, database)
- Extensive .NET solutions (thick client, web)
- Extensive ColdFusion / Java middleware with .NET hosted applications for smaller solution deployments
- HLB balanced multi-tenant hosted web solutions
- Hundreds of connected thick clients throughout the US
- Scaling to thousands of connected thick clients for new solutions
The ideal candidate will have solid development skills as well as system architecture and business analysis skills.
This position will require a significant investment by the successful candidate in learning existing systems.
- ASP.NET MVC, C#, and the Entity Framework
- XAML, WPF, WCF
- RESTful API development using Web API
- Relational database design and development using MS SQL Server 2014
- performance testing and optimization
- common data structures and algorithms
- design patterns and best practices for reusable Object-Oriented code
- Knowledge of PCI Compliance / OWASP standards a plus!
- Networking knowledge (Sockets, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Java or large scale application experience a plus
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into technical requirements
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Forward-thinking; ability to meet current project requirements while planning for future state
Minimum 6 years of experience as a .NET software developer or programmer/analyst. Experience as a business or systems analyst, systems architect, or technical support representative a plus.
BS in Computer Science or related degree is required.