Senior UX Architect
Lake Success, NY | Contract To Hire
- As the UX Architect, you will be responsible for a combination of planning, product strategy, information architecture, user research, application conceptualization, visual design and usability testing.
- The UX Architect will research and understand those customers’ goals, using metrics, personas, and interviews to help identify and translate user needs into digital products and applications.
- As a member of one or more Agile release teams, the UX Architect drives the User Experience outcome for customers through education, advocacy, and thought leadership. The best candidates for this role will have the ability to work effectively across products, drive discussions, and communicate ideas quickly, design team members and technology departments. The ability to coach, advocate, critique and lead by example are key requirements for this role.
- Work with other UX team members to drive best practices and interaction consistency across all associate products
- Lead the development of product user experience (UX) strategy, researching, identifying and directly working with customers and consumers
- Uses interviews, competitive audits and information from researchers to understand user
- Keeps abreast of industry developments and new technologies; designs and evaluates visual human interfaces with user-centered design principles.
- Develops UX related documentation including conceptual diagrams, wireframes, workflows, click-through, and prototypes to define the information architecture and flow of applications and experiences.
- Measures and analyzes user experience to understand whether we are meeting business objectives and customer expectations.
- Conduct surveys and interviews with internal team members, product experts, and external customers to develop personas based on findings;
- Present wireframes and prototypes to key stakeholders, and conduct usability evaluations.
- Mentor and educate team members to have a higher understanding of UX best practices and techniques.
- Bachelor' s Degree in interaction design, HCI, graphics design, visual design, industrial design, digital media design, or a related field.
- 4-7 yrs leading UX practices and teams
- Strong understanding of Product Development, all user experience (UX) disciplines and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with UX Design in an Agile development process.
- Strong proficiency working with diagraming and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with front-end code and web / mobile-based environments.
- Specific experience with mobile/tablet web and responsive design.
- User experience vision, strategy, innovation, design and implementation.
- Usability studies – scripts, tests, analysis and reports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Individual must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks.