Senior UI/Full Stack Developer
Atlanta, GA | Contract
• BS in Computer Science or related field required; MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
• 5+ years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application UI development
• 3+ years building medium to large-scale, " mission critical" " high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions.
• Strong working knowledge of JQuery, CSS, HTML5 ensuring multi-browser capability.
• Experience with Node.js and the MEAN stack (or similar variations) is desirable.
• Strong working knowledge of XML/XSLT/XPATH, JSON, and YAML
• 1+ years of AWS technologies (EC2, S3, IAM security, API-Gateway, lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation, etc.) is highly desirable
• Experience with NoSQL (mongo, DynamoDB) is a plus
• Experience with data/visualization frameworks such as D3.js is a plus
• Ability to branch, merge, and create merge requests with git and gitlab/github
• Experience with build tools like grunt and/or gulp is considered a plus
• Experience with Chef and authoring recipes in Ruby is considered a plus
• Experience with the functional style of programming and/or functional languages such as Scala, Clojure, or Erlang is considered a plus.
• 1+ years of experience with digital video and audio systems development is a plus
• Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information
• Capable of working in a collaborative team environment, including providing technical leadership for new emerging technologies and mentoring developers
• Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code/artifacts
• Candidate is capable of demonstrating experience in several of the following areas strongly preferred: release management of enterprise-class system code and artifacts, data and schema modeling, user interface development, human factors, build/deployment management, asynchronous/high-latency programming concepts, integrating with existing enterprise and vendor systems.
• Experience with Agile methodologies (examples include Scrum or Kanban) required. Must demonstrate considerable enthusiasm for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value.
• Should exhibit good system engineering skills (e.g., common industry database design and practices, application architectures, operating systems concepts, networking, etc.) in addition to skills in application development.
• Develop software confidence and reliability by testing, creating testing artifacts, developing tooling and providing the communication needed to ensure modified artifacts are continuously releasable (30%)
• Provide third tier support for production issues and working with other peer META teams. (10%)
• Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement (10%)
• Architectural planning and design (10%)