Senior Software Engineer
Atlanta, Georgia | Direct Hire
What makes us so awesome:
Cutting edge technology is created in Midtown Atlanta, just a quick walk to tech square at Georgia Tech. We have a marketplace of thousands of restaurants building consumer facing and mobile applications for many of the top brands. Our engineers are some of the best and the brightest in the industry with a passion for creating technology to revamp experiences.
With an open environment to promote collaboration, our office is intimate like a start-up but has the backing of a large corporation. The Midtown office contributes to an exciting workplace providing office recreation, catered lunches, and team building events. The culture here is dynamic, yet laid back (you might even become a ping pong pro during your tenure). We work in a fast paced environment that allows continuous innovation with the ability to grow new and existing mobile & online technology for the hospitality industry.
Someone who believes that software engineering changes lives. You’ re passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers— everywhere you look, there’ s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science preferred, but equivalent experience considered.
- 7 years of software development related experience
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable web applications
- Experience developing applications using ASP.net (C#)
- Experience developing object oriented solutions Microsoft .Net Framework experience
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Web Services (Restful, WebAPI, etc) Ability to design highly effective and attractive user interfaces Experience managing employees
- Expertise with modern frameworks such as Angular, Ember, React, Flux
- Experience with response designs and implementations
Even better if you have the following:
- Ability to learn existing and new applications and become familiar with them in a short amount of time.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment, while balancing multiple concurrent projects of varying priorities
- Proven communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, and supervisors, and to work cooperatively in a teamwork environment
- Exhibits excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work quickly and meet defined project deadlines
- Experience with FitNesse
- Leverage new and established methodologies to develop high performing consumer web applications that enable an optimal consumer experience
- Design or modify complex systems or subsystems.
- Perform design changes for product improvements/upgrades
- Responsibility for the technical quality of the solution
- Provide mentorship to new software engineers
- Translate business requirements into design documents Lead and participate in design collaboration with Programmers, Quality Assurance and Documentation throughout software development lifecycle to ensure enhancements work as designed Analyze, program, debug, and modify computer programs for business middleware and user interface applications
- Work with customers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Services and Support departments to understand business requirements
- Determine technical requirements based on third-party (external or internal) interface specifications
- Write and execute unit tests of software configurations
- Provide accurate estimation of development effort and input into project timelines
- Provide architectural and technical leadership to the team
- Drive general process improvement Interact with third-party technical contacts
- Track changes in third-party technical specifications and proactively communicate changes to management
- Cross-train in the roles/responsibilities of team members in other functional areas to create a more flexible team environment
- Manage a team including setting goals, tracking progress, and setting career paths for team members