Senior Software Developer - Transition Engineer
Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
Senior Software Developer
The Senior Developer works as a Scrum team member, applying practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders.
• Develop software confidence and reliability by creating testing artifacts, develop tooling and have communication needed to ensure modified codebases are releasable
• Provide third tier support for production issues and working with other peer teams. Also, provide technical leadership for new emerging technologies and mentoring junior developers
• Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement
• Architectural planning and design
• BS in Computer Science, Software or other Engineering or related field required; MS or higher preferred; or equivalent experience
• A minimum of seven years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
• Strong working knowledge of JQuery, CSS, and HTML5 ensuring multi-browser capability.
• Three or more years’ experience developing systems with enterprise class data persistence requirements, including strong working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools
• Strong experience in non-procedural programming, or applying functional-style concepts professionally considered a plus.
• Strong experience in procedural programming like Java or Scala considered a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of XML/XSL/JSON, HTML, and associated modern technologies
• Have previous experience, of at least three years, building medium- to large-scale, " mission critical" " high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions.
• One year of experience with digital video and audio systems development is a plus
• Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information
• Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code/artifacts
• Candidates capable of demonstrating experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred: release management of enterprise-class system code and artifacts, data and schema modeling, user interface development, human factors, build/deployment management, asynchronous/high-latency programming concepts, integrating with existing enterprise and vendor systems.
• Should exhibit good system engineering skills (e.g., common industry database design and practices, application architectures, operating systems concepts, networking, etc.) in addition to skills in application development.