Senior Software Developer (.NET)
Atlanta, GA | Contract
• Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information
• Capable of working in a collaborative team environment, including providing technical leadership for new emerging technologies and mentoring developers
• Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code/artifacts
• Candidate is capable of demonstrating experience in several of the following areas strongly preferred: release management of enterprise-class system code and artifacts, data and schema modeling, user interface development, human factors, build/deployment management, asynchronous/high-latency programming concepts, integrating with existing enterprise and vendor systems.
• Experience with Agile methodologies (examples include Scrum or Kanban) required.
• Must demonstrate considerable enthusiasm for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value.
• Should exhibit good system engineering skills (e.g., common industry database design and practices, application architectures, operating systems concepts, networking, etc.) in addition to skills in application development.
• Seasoned developer able to develop software in modern enterprise-class languages and development platforms. Develop software in modern enterprise-class languages and development platforms, with a strong emphasis on traditional programming, but also potentially mixing in other new and emerging technology as appropriate (40%)
• Develop software confidence and reliability by creating testing artifacts, developing tooling and providing the communication needed to ensure modified artifacts are continuously releasable (30%)
• Provide third tier support for production issues and working with other peer teams. (10%)
• Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement (10%)
• Architectural planning and design (10%)
• BS in Computer Science or related field required; MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
• A minimum of seven years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
• Minimum four years of .NET skills
• Minimum of two years or more to include primary development against highly available applications and enterprise frameworks, especially .NET-family technologies.
• Strong working knowledge of XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, and associated modern technologies
• Five or more years of experience developing systems with enterprise databases (document or relational), including strong working knowledge of SQL (T-SQL / SQL Server / sprocs) and modern ORM tools (NHibernate)
• Experience writing high-quality unit tests using well-known tools like NUnit and Rhino Mocks
• Have previous experience, of at least three years, building medium to large-scale, " mission critical" " high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions. Other desirable skills
• Experience with digital video and audio systems development is a plus
• .NET FX – experience with multiple versions a plus
• Microsoft Enterprise Libraries (EntityFrameworkEF, ADO.NET)
• Newtonsoft JSON.NET library
• Linq / LinqPad
• WCF, ASP.NET