Senior Project Manager
Atlanta, GA 30350 | Direct Hire
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager consultant is responsible for supporting the delivery of major technology development initiatives, using SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
This is highly impactful work of enterprise scope which includes project planning, scope management, risk management, change management, budget and resource planning, cost estimation, tracking and issue resolution. Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the Project Manager is responsible for making appropriate tradeoffs with project teams to proactively mitigate any issues or risks.
The Project Manager will be involved in multiple, concurrent foundational technology projects of varying durations and will report to a Senior Project Manager.
The Project Manager will:
- Manage multiple complex, technology projects using SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develop and maintain cost-conscious project plans that meet organizational objectives and timelines for both technology solutions and business process improvement.
- Identify key project stakeholders both internally and externally, including vendors, and managing those relationships in support of a comprehensive approach to each project.
- Proactively manage and mitigate issues and risks.
- Manage organizational resources efficiently – time, people and budget.
- Follow processes and methodology set forth by the PMO.
- Manage and communicate the status of active and pending projects to all stakeholders on a regular basis, including business stakeholders, technology enterprise architecture and development teams.
- Successfully manage the delivery of projects including end-to-end management, from needs analysis and requirements gathering through development and user acceptance testing and training.
- Strong knowledge of PMI standards and of the software development process.
- Proven technical project management skills with demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex technical projects.
- Experienced in various software estimation techniques and budgeting activities.
- Experienced in production support, release management, ROI proposals and IT Systems Implementation.
- Ability to come up to speed quickly and hit the ground running.
- Must be able to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to senior management
- Operates effectively, and with a positive attitude, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the strong ability to drive results.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have strong presentation skills.
- Have strong risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; remove barriers, influence stakeholders and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Sound business and technology acumen.
- A software development background, or hands on experience in an IT technical discipline
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development process a plus
- 10 years of demonstrated project management delivery across different types of high-risk, high-value, complex IT technical projects using standard PMI project management practices
- Experience with estimation, budgeting and project planning.
- Strong knowledge of PMI standards and SDLC