Senior Project Manager
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Senior Project Manager
- Experience in collaboration tools, such as Confluence/JIRA
- Experience managing Agile programs and programs with mixed development methodologies
- PMP and/or Safe Agile certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Clarity preferred
- Works independently and partners with application managers/directors, stakeholders and system level subject matter experts to drive the work of the project team for large or highly integrated projects and programs.
- Demonstrates excellent management and leadership qualities within and across the FOB’ s, as well as with corporate business partners.
- Go to person on project-related issues.
- Acts as a technical and professional leader, providing guidance, direction and training to the project team members as necessary.
- Improves PMO services and the overall quality of projects.
- May communicate with Sr. Management regarding the status of specific projects.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Project Execution: Manages all projects and possibly program related activities and has responsibility for execution and final delivery and release of the product.
- Manage Project Scope: Oversee process to define scope of the project based on the business need in order to meet the customer' s project expectations. Direct project plan approval process from the customer in order to formalize the project management approach. Develops and manages project schedules status, resources, deliverables, risks and issues, and timelines throughout the project with input from the application managers, business partners and project team. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Manage Project Work: Ensures deadlines are met by facilitating resource planning, organizing, and prioritizing. Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment. Make sure regular project status/quality meetings are conducted and development of project metrics and project scorecard is accomplished.
- Define Requirements: Oversee Product Manager(s) to define and manage business partner requirements.
- Communication Facilitation: Facilitates communication and negotiation within and across the project team(s). Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Mitigate Risks: Ensure risk and issue process is executed to achieve project success. Reviews project risks and action plans, and escalates to appropriate level of management.
- Project Leadership: Provides leadership to the project team for the Q4M standards and processes throughout the life cycle of the project. As the designated Project Manager, conducts Q4M toll gates and provides input into project performance reviews for each team member. Provide vision and strategic leadership, governance and support to the Project Management processes and Q4M methodology. Provide vision and strategic leadership, governance and support to the Project Management processes and Q4M methodology.
- Project Closeout /Final Acceptance: Ensure final acceptance for the project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the delivered product(s) and services comply with the agreed deliverables list, agreed scope, and any organizational procedures in order to close contractual obligations.
- Develop Resources Plan: Provides input to ensure adequate project staffing, budgeting and resource management.
- Final/Influence in Risk Assessment, Status Assessment, and Scope.
- Participate/Influence in Q4M Process Direction, Team Creation, and Communication Strategy.
- Organizational Navigation – Adaptive to the management team assigned as the project sponsor.
- Leverages informal communication channels and established company relationships to weaken or eliminate barriers to project success.
- Ability to garner trust among project team and stakeholders.
- Drives corrective actions to mitigate project risks.
- Translates business and organizational contexts of projects to organizations overall goals.
- Translates for the team the direct business benefits of the project or program to help the team understand business and organizational contexts.
- The why versus the technical or execution specifics.
- 5+ years of experience in successful project management, with a progression in responsibility.
- Extensive experience managing multiple highly complex simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Extensive understanding of Project Management principles, methods and techniques.
- Outstanding analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding documentation, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build consensus between company and the business community and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives.
- Flexibility in response to change.
- A detailed understanding of the business. Retail background a plus.
- Extensive negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills.
- Sound team building and interpersonal skills required to effectively manage a multi-skilled project throughout the deliverable process.
- Exceptional problem solving skills; able to anticipate technical and project barriers and adjust approach based on research and experience.
- General knowledge of several major and related systems and how they are integrated.
- Demonstrated ability to customize communication strategy to a given target audience.
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple project type – Type 1, 2, 3.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Lotus Notes.
- Intermediate/Advanced in Microsoft Project.
- Position should be able to quickly acclimate to the requirements prescribed by Q4M related to the project management discipline. Able to support Type 1 and Type 2 or Type 3project types.
- Microsoft Team Sites – Able to support administration of this tool. Advanced-expert skills required for effective support of project activity.
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred and 4-7 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.