Senior Network Engineer
Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
Senior Network Engineer
Major purpose: This “ hands-on” position is a key contributor to the overall design, planning, operating and implementation of network installations throughout the client' s enterprise, and works closely with other engineering and development areas to build a comprehensive and high-available platform. Responsible for developing an understanding of the present state and future vision of network/telephony inter-operability as we migrate in various phases from non-standard to standard operating environment, including high-availability to “ Cloud” applications. Major functions:
• Proactively identifies risk, single points of failures, security issues, and other issues. Develop and implement remediation plans
- Continuous Improvement in IT Risk Management
• Find Root-cause of problems and provide a long-term plan and resolution
• Act as a consultant with other departments to ensure networking and communication will meet needs and capacity
• Monitors and manages network capacity
• Monitors and manages risk with regards to availability and security
• Responsible Office Move, Adds, and Changes
• Researches and proposes improvements in technology and process
• Ensures WAN high availability, including Internet access
• Resolves problems as referred by Tech Services and the NOC (Level 3 support).
• Develop and maintains networking documentation and diagrams
• Works closely with other groups, such as Telephony Engineering, the NOC, Unified Communication, Collaboration, Data Center, End Points, Development, and Business Units in support of ongoing network & telecom improvement projects.
• Develop project plans
• Provide periodic progress report to communicate project status • Plan, architect and execute medium to large projects, including the coordination of cross functional resources. • Analyze monthly vendor metrics for adherence to SLAs • Provides 24 x 7 support to critical issues impacting Unified Communication systems in a timely and proactive manner in order to deliver defined service levels.
• Coordinate with vendors to resolve issues as necessary. • Development of Strategic Roadmaps and other Long Range Planning documentation. • Excellent problem solving, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills • Ability to calmly work under pressure. • Must be able to work weekends and off-hours as necessary • Must be able to travel as necessary • Must be able to manage multiple, high-priority projects • Commitment to cooperative team approach • Excellent time management skills • Effective teamwork and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, in a multicultural environment. • Ability to work with minimal direction and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. • Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations. • Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
• Strong fault analysis/determination and problem solving skills and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse technical resources to deliver medium to large projects.
• Ability to be a self-starter, complete tasks with minimal supervision and take initiative in critical situations. Technical/Functional skills:
• Advance knowledge of data communications and Internet knowledge including: LAN, WAN, VLAN, VRF, Spanning Tree, WLAN, TCP/UDP/IP, CAPWAP, FEX, HTTP/HTTPS, Multicasting, HTML, DNS, SMTP, SSH, routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP), sub-netting, tunneling, MPLS, and DMVPN.
• Advance knowledge of VoIP-based Phone systems: such as, Avaya systems utilizing VoIP, SIP, and RTP • Advance working knowledge of Solarwinds Orion or equivalent Network Management System • Advance knowledge of a wide range of data network access; from Analog modems to Broadband technologies. Including: T1, DOCSIS, DSL, Wireless WAN, Wi-Fi, Satellite, etc. • Advance knowledge of load balancer technologies (F5 or Kemp) • Advance knowledge of QoS and large enterprise networks with video and voice. • Advance knowledge of network troubleshooting tools, such as, network analyzers (ex. WireShark), nslookup, telnet, traceroute, port scanners, IP scanners, PUTTY, etc.
• Advance knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and WEP
• Experience with Cisco 7500 Flex Connect and Cisco 1041 Access Points is desirable.
• Working knowledge of SD-WAN and WAN Optimization
• Working knowledge of cabling infrastructure: Fiber (Single and Multi-Mode), Cat6, cable management, cabinets, and equipment racks
• Working knowledge of fundamental electrical concepts; such as: UPS and Grounding
• Proficient with network security concepts and implementation, such as, firewalls, Access Control Lists, TACACS, RADIUS, SYSLOG and NTP.
• Experience with Cisco ASR 1000 and 4300 series routers
• Experience with Cisco Catalyst 4500, 2950 and 2960 series switches
• Experience with Cisco Nexus7000, 5000, 2000 series switches including VPC & VDC technologies
• Experience with Cisco Prime
• Must be proficient with Windows, especially its communications and networking capabilities.
• Proficient with MS Visio
• Proficient with MS Excel and Word
• Proficient in ITIL concepts, such as, Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management, Problem Management, etc. Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: • Bachelor’ s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years of experience working with Networking, and Telecommunication on medium to large enterprise environments.