Austin, TX | Contract To Hire
The Senior Web Engineer' s responsibilities are to define, design and support our client' s growing applications. As an engineer you will work closely with other engineers, architects and designers to drive the evolution and expansion of our clients into new technology areas, market segments & value added web and mobile experiences. We are looking for very senior engineers with interest in " raising the bar" within the entire engineering team. This position reports out of our Austin (Texas) location, but open to anyone who can work extremely efficient within a remote environment.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Significant experience using a MVC* framework (such as Backbone.js, Ember.js, AngularJS, ReactJS, …)
- Experience with web interface development and frameworks (Ajax, Angular, Jquery, and similar)
- Experience in using a version control system, preferably Git
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, DOM traversal/manipulation and event capturing, jQuery, CSS
- At least one (developer, dev-ops, or architect) AWS Certification
- At least one (developer, dev-ops, or architect) AWS Certification.
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with databases (both SQL and NoSQL)
- Extensive experience architecting, engineering and deploying AWS solutions.
- Experience in responsive design, touch interfaces
- Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Experience designing and supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment.
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver.
- Ability to work (directed and/ or self-directed) within a remote work environment.
- A professional or multiple AWS Certifications.
- Master’ s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Experience leading technical pre-sales within an enterprise environment.
- Previously a recognized leader within your team within a Fortune 200 company.
- Domain experience in Healthcare, Energy, Manufacturing or Legacy Systems Migrations.
- Significant experience in requirements engineering within a more Waterfall like environment; with agile execution.
- Passionate with significant machine learning experience.
- Willingness to travel, but at this time, there are no travel expectations with the role.