Senior Director, Product Development (IoT)
Irving, TX | Direct Hire
This exciting new role will be responsible for leading the planning and development of IoT related products across all categories of the company. This includes working closely with other internal teams to define, document and develop innovative new products. The ideal candidate will be an Entrepreneurial minded professional with the ability to interface with Technical Managers, Engineers, and C-level Leadership. This position for Senior Director, Product development will be located at our headquarters in Irving Texas.
- Act as a leader to the Technical Product Innovation Team
- Oversee all IoT product development
- Create and manage the product development roadmap for each product in development
- Define structure and create teams to complete products
- Ensure a steady flow of sound recommendations for new and innovative wearable products
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and collaboration opportunities
- Assist with developing the core functionality of the product all the way to the finished consumer experience
- Perform product demos to business partners to support pre-sales process
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to strategic initiatives; communicate insights and synthesize conclusions into recommendations that will be shared with members of technical team, management, sales team, etc.
- 3 - 5 years experience as a leader in the technical product development field
- Previous experience with embedded hardware and software product management
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional creative teams without formal reporting lines
- Strong desire to take ownership of full product lifecycle for new products in development
- Demonstrates personal interest and knowledge of IoT, wearable, embedded concepts and products
- Working knowledge of product interaction between hardware, software and applications
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be very detailed oriented and adhere to software coding standards.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and style.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday: 8: 30am – 5: 30pm; extended work hours depending on volume. Overnight travel may be required on a periodic basis.