Senior DevOps Engineer - Cloud Platform
Duluth, GA | Scout
Play a key role as a Senior DevOps Engineer on our newly formed SW team focused on developing Cloud Platform that will serve each of our major industries – Financial Services, Retail, Hospitality and Travel. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall success of product/solution deployment including designing automated installations, maintenance of stable production environments and on-time production releases. Your key day-today responsibilities will include:
- Delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
- Building automation tools and components to aid in installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS, Azure, or similar cloud providers
- Collaborating with the SW development teams and ensuring products and services are pushed into production
- Automating the deployment of products and services and actively monitors to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications and data centers
- Acting as an escalation point to address issues with outages and operations and actively forecasts to proactively address issues and minimize downtimes
- Managing the entire deployment process, including the production environments and the user acceptance testing process
- 3+ years of software development experience
- A deep understanding of the value of continuous delivery and want to help teams release frequently and often to production, with high quality.
- Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks).
- A drive to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
- A solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including common data structures, algorithms, and concurrent programming.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Passion for developing clear, robust, and testable software.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience solving automation problems such as deployment orchestration, continuous integration, etc.
- Past experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar
- Familiarity working with Amazon AWS or similar cloud provider.
- Introductory working knowledge of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes
- Experience in setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Background working on publicly available, production systems
- Skill with additional programming languages such as Java, C#, C++, Scala, Go, Clojure, etc.
- Familiarity working with OpenShift and Kubernetes