Senior Cloud Software Engineer (JAVA - Hadoop)
duluth, GA | Scout
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Join a global leader in the payment industry focused on employee growth and creativity. This company’ s mission is to keep people feeling challenged at work, day in and day out. Our client is looking for new talent to help them meet their challenging goals. With 180 locations worldwide, there is an opportunity for you.
Play a key role as a software developer on newly formed scrum teams focused on developing the company' s Cloud Platform that will serve each of our major industries – Financial Services, Retail, Hospitality and Travel. You will build and expand the services powering our API ecosystem, solving problems for a large community of fellow developers.
· Crafting clean, well-tested code using rigorous continuous delivery methodologies, including automated functional and non-functional testing.
· Participation in an enterprise open source community by producing quality project and API documentation, samples, and answering forum questions.
· Building large-scale applications using Java or similar languages, with a focus on high-performance, scalability and resiliency in a service-oriented environment.
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Excellent development skills with Java or another JVM language
· Experience using relational and/or non-relational databases
· Experience designing, implementing, and testing RESTful APIs
· Familiarity with modern frameworks for building high-throughout, resilient micro services
· Understanding of methodologies such as TDD, BDD, and some experience with tools and frameworks for automated testing.
· Some familiarity with distributed design patterns, high-volume data stores, and horizontal scaling techniques
· Desire and ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks)
· Background working on highly-available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems
· Skill with additional programming languages such as C#, C++, Scala, Go, Clojure, etc.
· Familiarity with Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, vert.x, node.js
· Participated in public open source projects
· Prior experience using, or knowledge of, Hadoop and associated technologies such as HBase, Phoenix, as well as with Apache Storm, Kafka, and Solr.
· Strong foundation in developing cloud-based solutions using platforms such as Heroku, Azure, or Amazon AWS
· Knowledge of 12-factor application principles