Senior Cloud Data Management Engineer
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Sr. Cloud Data Management Engineer
Atlanta, GA (Relocation assistance provided)
Our Client is a technology integration and management firm that is transforming how technology does business. We engineer success for our clients through objective recommendations, process and technology expertise, as well as best-of-breed guidance.
Our firm provides infrastructure and application solutions, and are organized into five complementary practices, including: Infrastructure Services, Data Center, Converged Network and Application Development – all supported by the Delivery Assurance practice.
They are a privately held company, headquartered in Atlanta. They have been listed on the renowned Inc. 500/5000 ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. annually since 2009. The annual ranking listed them as the 95th fastest-growing company in the IT Services category nationally.
The Senior Cloud Data Management Engineer will be responsible for supporting client projects and environments involving backup/recovery, disaster recovery components, server virtualization, and enterprise storage. An engineer will be responsible for supporting and sometimes designing and deploying backup technologies including Commvault and Veeam as well as providing a client with knowledge transfer on how to successfully maintain these technologies on a daily basis.
Our culture is key to our success. We pride ourselves in serving our clients with the mentality of ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen. The Senior Cloud Data Management Engineer will need to possess these necessary traits in order to be successful at this job.
This Engineer will also have the opportunity to work with Solutions Architects (pre-sales engineers) and Support Engineers in order to facilitate the full client engagement life cycle from discovery of opportunities, design, implementation, and day-to-day support.
- Experience supporting, deploying and managing an enterprise-class backup & recovery environment. Knowledge of backup products similar to Commvault, Symantec BackupExec, and Symantec NetBackup, and Veeam are a plus.
- Experience with various backup storage devices (i.e. disk arrays, tape libraries, cloud storage, etc.)
- Some experience deploying and maintaining a server virtualization environment (i.e. VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Windows Server administration skills including Active Directory.
- Some experience with Microsoft Exchange, SQL, and Sharepoint. Particularly experience in configuring backups for these products.
- Experience deploying and maintaining enterprise-class disk storage arrays. NetApp preferred.
- Some experience with configuring network switches and other network devices.
- Exceptional communication skills. May be asked to provide examples of written documentation.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment