atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
The Senior Accountant is responsible for general accounting and acquisition entities. Preparing month-end journal entries (system and manual) for a variety of transaction cycles and small entity operations, along with performing Balance Sheet Account reconciliations is a significant portion of the responsibilities. Play key role in the integration of merger companies into accounting systems, processes, and corporate structure. Driven to be a successful individual and a team member. Assist in automating operational accounting processes (intercompany entries, monthly allocations, etc.) within Workday to improve efficiency. Must meet deadlines timely and with accuracy.
• Record General Ledger Activity as assigned in month-end close process.
• Reconcile Balance Sheet Accounts as assigned on Accounting Close Schedule.
• Research and resolve inquiries from field operations -Directors and Regional V.P.’ s.
• Assist in the preparation of work papers and analytical reports for quarterly and year-end audits.
• Record monthly acquisition entity monthly results until back-end system integrations are complete.
• Perform other projects / duties to meet department requirements.
• B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• A minimum of three years general accounting experience.
• Must have an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of Excel.
• ERP experience is required. Workday experience a plus.
• Must be able to exercise good judgment with some degree of independence, possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Preferred ERP system report development/writing experience and good general knowledge of business systems and processes.