Security Engineer IV
Alpharetta, GA | Contract To Hire
Security Engineer IV
The Web Service Security Engineer is responsible for engineering web service security practices into companies product solutions by leveraging company XML Firewall Infrastructure. This role includes collaborating with development and software architecture on the requirements, design, implementation and life cycle management of the techniques to secure web services and the implementation of them into XML Firewall technologies. This position is also responsible for mentoring and training other associates on the proper use of web service security technologies and compliance with company security policy and standards
• 70% - Product and web service security design consulting
• 20% - go-live project support and warranty support
• 10% - Infrastructure and process maintenance
• Consulting: Provide insight into web service security needs and requirements for infrastructure deployments and product/application development teams. Aid in design of overall system and architectures. Provide documented security requirements to project leadership. Foster, interpret and relay web service security standards to members of the company community.
• Go-live project support and Warranty support: This includes on-call based escalation for troubleshooting XML firewall related and web service security project issues. The engineer will support other teams in an active troubleshooting role to identify infrastructure challenges and propose solutions in real time in order to meet project delivery and support the post go-live warranty period (typically 60 days).
• Infrastructure and Process Maintenance: This includes the continued architecture and deployment of XML firewall platforms, modification of existing and establishment of new standard operating procedures surrounding the XML firewall platforms.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
• Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Risk Management. CISSP certification desired.
• 1-2 years’ experience with XML firewall technology is highly desired •
• Moderate understanding of web service components and WS-Security principals
• Moderate understanding of SOAP and REST protocols
• Moderate understanding of Transport Layer Security and Certificate management
• Ability to understand how to create/modify/troubleshoot WSDL' s
• High organizational skills
• Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
• Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
• Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
• Travel 1-2 weeks out of the year
• MS Office skills especially Visio, Word and Excel
• Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization and business analysis skills.