Security Engineer - VPN Migration
Atlanta, GA | Contract
The Security Engineer works in the Security Team to provide engineering and administrative support for security systems: minimum 7+ years professional experience with Checkpoint and Cisco firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, IPv4/v6, UNIX Admin, etc.
Specialty Skill - Checkpoint firewalls
• Bachelor’ s degree in an IT-related discipline
• 5+ years experience designing, implementing (including installation), managing and operation of Checkpoint firewalls.
• Experience with global, multi-vendor hybrid network environments - preferred
• Skills and Competencies:
• Strong experience with Checkpoint firewalls
• Checkpoint Provider 1 experience
• Checkpoint VPN
• Migration of cisco VPN to checkpoint VPN
• HTTPS inspection, URLF, segmentation of networks, Identity Awareness,
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols
• Cisco Sourcefire
• Strong understanding of routing and subnetting
• Strong experience with Cisco ASA firewalls
• Strong experience with IPSEC/SSL protocols
• Experience in MS Office products, including Visio
• Strong inter personnel skills are needed to be able to work with end users, technical support and management roles.
• Ability to troubleshoot firewall and VPN problems independently
• Ability to prioritize issues and work on multiple issues simultaneously
• will manage all aspects of all corporate Checkpoint and Cisco PIX/ASA firewalls globally
• will be required to interact with customer engineers in the design, deployment and support of IPSEC site-to-site VPN tunnels
• will work with employees to troubleshoot client/server VPN issues
• will work with a team of engineers from around the globe to maintain corporate security posture
• will act as a backup to other engineers that manage corporate security and network products
• will set up and administer Checkpoint firewalls and IDS as Enterprise firewalls globally
• will manage relationships with Security Cloud Vendors, support client with checkpoint diamond support personal, etc.
Desired Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, Checkpoint or other security certifications