Security Engineer - SIEM
Plano, TX | Direct Hire
- Design, develop, implement and maintain Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions from Architecture, Compliance, Information Security, and other teams
- Provide support to Security and Operations teams to solve correct technical challenges related to implementation of security solutions
- Assist in analyzing and defining security requirements
- Analyze the results of quality review from other staff and make recommendations to address gaps in the current solutions and/or to improve overall security
- Understand how the implementation of security solutions supports the technology blueprint and information security vision.
- Develop and maintain security design and operations documentation
- Provide evidence as requested, to support audit and compliance initiatives
- Assist with evaluation and pilot deployment of new SIEM products and features
- Collaborate with internal engineering partners to support the design of security solutions
- Provide secondary support for other security tools and technologies
- Continue self-development of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Develop a personal support network by developing and building relationships throughout the Information Security and Business Technology Services groups
- Develop effective teamwork and leadership skills
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, information security, or information systems with relevant security engineering certifications
- 3+ years of information security experience with minimum 5+ years of design, implementation and troubleshooting Security Event management and monitoring solutions
- Expert level engineering expertise technologies used to collect, parse, report and alert on security events.
- Desired: Experience working within a cloud-enabled environment, such as Azure, Google, AWS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a globally dispersed, team-oriented, collaborative, matrix-oriented environment.
- 3+ years demonstrated hands on design, implementation and management experience with at least three of the following SIEM technologies (LogRhythm, AlienVault, Sumo Logic, ArcSight, Splunk, RSA Security Analytics)