Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
The Security Architect is a member of the Security Architect team which works across the enterprise to develop security requirements, security guidance, security architecture, and technology solutions to address existing and emerging security issues. The Security Architect will perform problem analysis, solutions development, and provide inputs across the company. They will partner with application development, engineering, and architecture teams to protect the organization.
- Act as security subject matter expert utilizing current information security technology disciplines and industry standards to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets.
- Design, develop, and document security solutions for implementation by engineering teams.
- Utilize proven consulting skills to deliver security architecture, design and engineering services with a specific focus on the security domain.
- Develop reference security architectures and frameworks (including requirements, design patterns, and other artifacts) for use throughout the company.
- Develop security strategies and develop guidance documentation that drive the strategy.
- Evaluate new and emerging security technologies for potential suitability in the company's environment.
- Contribute to the development of security policies, security standards, and risk governance processes.
- Participate in the governance process to influence projects to adhere to industry standards, and all relevant security policies.
- Develop and foster relationships with technical teams and business partners in order to create an integrated approach that provides data integrity, information confidentiality, and service availability.
- Partner with Application Delivery, Compliance, Audit, Engineering, and Information Security to ensure that the Information Security Principles are embedded into new initiatives.
- Participate in IT security audit activities both internal and external, ensuring compliance to Federal regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley, Data Privacy acts and Payment Card Industry standards.
- Support peer security organizations throughout the company.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- One or more Security certifications (i.e. CISSP, CCSP, CISM, GSEC, SANS GIAG, ISSAP) or equivalent education
- Demonstrated knowledge of network security, mobile security, cloud security, and infrastructure security, including Windows, Unix/Linux.
- Knowledge of application security including API security including confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and authorization.
- Preferred experience within the transformation of traditional data center security measures into industry adopted cloud technologies including Amazon, Azure, Google, etc.
Required Qualifications Only:
- Minimum of 5years’ experience or master’s degree in Information Security with 3 year’s equivalent educational experience in Network Administration, Network Engineering, Security Engineering, Security Assurance, or similar areas in a medium or large corporate environment.
- Experience in developing enterprise security solutions for the network and endpoints and their integration with other systems in a large, complex environment.
- Experience working with PCI, FFIEC, and other regulatory frameworks.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work within globally dispersed and cross functional teams