Sales Engineer - Southeast
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
- Drive sales by providing technical sales support.
- Provide coaching to the Account Executives in the sale of products and services to Carrier & Enterprise customers as well as government, education and medical institution customers.
- Through coaching and technical sales, drive sale closure to shorten sales cycle and ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved.
- As part of sales process, play key role in the preparation of Requests for Proposals, designing cost-effective solutions and solving prospect configuration challenges.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of high-level face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate technical knowledge of the latest products and services.
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Provide customers with solutions that meet their business applications, and ensure protected circuit design, disaster recovery applications, appropriate bandwidth for future growth, etc.
- Translate complex technical requirements into information that customers can understand and respond to.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position in the marketplace.
- Respond to requests for bids and proposals by providing fully-documented technical solutions, with diagrams, that clearly outline all technical components of the solution.
- On behalf of Account Executives, ensure completion of all appropriate paperwork, processes and systems in support of customer network design and contract completion.
- Set appropriate expectations for timeline and project completion.
- Provide regular project updates to internal customers (sales, engineering, technical operations).
- Adhere to all company standards and overall business professionalism.
- Demonstrate regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in technical sales engineering / support role(s) within the telecommunications industry (ideally ISP, CLEC, ILEC, VAR, or MSO)
- Experience developing and/or delivering technical training programs.
- Expert-level technical skills with LAN and WAN technologies required.
- Ability to create technical designs and diagrams of customer solutions.
- Strong technical presentation skills (development and delivery).
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons in simple, understandable terms.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Network design
- MAN technologies and designs (including DS-x, OC-x, WDM, and Ethernet)
- Internet technologies, functionality, and services
- Business continuity / disaster recovery concepts
- Networking protocols (emphasis on Layers 1, 2, and 3)
- Familiarity with CPE (voice and data)
- Knowledge of a variety of transport and Ethernet equipment vendors and models
- Data networking technologies, functionality, and services (LAN, MAN, WAN, VPN)
- High-level understanding of Fiber Optic network design and implementation