SQA Engineer III
30000 Mill Creek Avenue Suite 100 Alpharetta, GA 30022 | Direct Hire
SQA Engineer III
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Create, revise, and execute test plans and test cases
· Responsible for testing the solution end to end
· Mentors less experienced QA members
· Communicates effectively and works closely with internal and external resources
· Provides status reports and participate in departmental and project team meetings and email communications
· Identifies testing risks and propose solutions to mitigate
· Provides escalations in a timely manner and through the appropriate channels
· Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with cross functional team members
· Provides input into continually improving quality processes and procedures
· Serves as an escalated support resource for products released
· Work directly with software developers to ensure requirement implementation/verification correctness and to review test case coverage.
· Detect, document, and track system defects throughout the SQA process
· Write software defect reports. Identify and record the exact sequence of activities that were performed to produce software malfunctions.
· Investigate software defects and problem reports to provide additional information in the report to aid defect fixing.
· Review defect reports submitted into the TFS for validity.
· Submit change requests against the software when requirements are incorrect.
· Review log files and other run-time documentation for defects and issues
· Follow project and corporate software plans, standards, and procedures to perform software verification
· Develop manual and automated functional and regression tests for web services and web based user interfaces
· Participate in meetings regarding requirements and ensure software meets these requirements
· Must possess strong written and oral communications skills
· Excellent troubleshooting ability
· Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
· Understanding of configuration issues related to software development
· Familiar with Agile Methodology
· Experience with ROBOT test automation tool
· Experience testing web services for functionality, load and scalability
· Experience testing HTML5 based user interfaces
· Experience testing web-based user interfaces, GXT/GWT a plus
· Experience testing software with database components, SQL and MongoDB a plus
· Experience with source control and automated build systems
· Familiar with the full software development life cycle
· MS Office Suite
· Ability to work under tight deadlines
· Very good Windows experience
· Linux and Unix experience is a plus
· Bachelor degree plus at least 7 years of related experience.
· Degree should be in a technical discipline such as Math, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science