Torrance, CA, CA | Direct Hire
We are currently seeking an Agile Scrum Master to join our team. This individual will be responsible for using agile methodologies, you will be responsible for establishing, managing and executing all project efforts required to deliver software, operations and services. You will apply practical Agile principles by working directly with Agile teams to ensure thorough planning and efficient execution of every sprint.
You will ensure teams embrace Agile practices throughout the engineering lifecycle including planning, execution, launch, and support. This role includes coaching additional scrum masters, technologists, leaders, and product owners.
In This Role you will:
- Work with multiple Agile teams with different levels of Agile understanding to lead the team in the delivery of their project
- Drive team productivity as an Agile Scrum Master role for multiple teams
- Manage, mentor, and develop others in the agile practices
- Report to and provide senior leadership insight into the performance of the team, project status and progress toward key initiatives.
- Provide guidance on the evaluation and selection of Agile tool adoption and implementation.
- Participate in the development and execution of strategies to drive Agile adoption throughout the organization.
- Define, teach, collect, and report metrics to honestly and accurately assess project, team and agile health.
- Operate with minimal supervision with good judgment of when to engage leadership.
- 2+ years of project leadership in a operational and/or software development environment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience teaching and coaching agile methodologies
- Coaching of deep skills in estimation, story slicing, story refinement, and other Agile techniques.
- Solid practical experience leading Scrum events: Planning, Daily Scrums, Reviews / Demos, and Retrospectives.
- Deep understanding of Agile frameworks (e.g. Agile Manifesto, 12 Principles of Agile, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of multiple Agile Methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experienced in use and configuration of one or more Agile management tools (i.e. Jira).
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, organization, and coaching skills.
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships
- Experience with Agile leading multiple agile teams at once (Scrum of Scrums).
- Experience in migrating from other development models to Agile is a plus
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business Operations, or other relevant discipline.
- Scrum Master Certifications is a plus