DANVILLE, VA | Scout
We are currently looking for a talented Quality Manager to join our manufacturing facility in Danville, VA. The ideal candidate will have extensive quality improvement experience and be familiar with lean six sigma principles.
- BS degree in electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant field. Six Sigma Black Belt Certification desirable.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, allocation of resources, and coordination of personnel.
- 3-5 years quality control experience in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools experience desirable.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, and the ability to motivate, develop, and direct subordinates.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Develops and implements a quality system, ensuring both compliance to high standards and a quality focused workforce, including the design and management of basic policies, programs, standards and methodologies for the assurance of quality production. Sets standards of performance for quality and measures progress. Analyzes progress and takes corrective action. Implements Lean Six Sigma processes wherever possible.
- Directs and coordinates a team of Quality & Production Leaders to achieve continuous auditing of the quality levels in the plant. The management of those departmental employees includes training, evaluation, discipline, and resolution of personnel grievances. Enforces rules, regulations, and policies to ensure a safe, firm, fair, and consistent work place environment.
- Works with production personnel across the plant to identify, solve quality issues and improve overall quality.
- Directs and coordinates the customer return process and assists in determining the validity of claims.
- Directs and coordinates laboratory activities for incoming inspection and finished products testing; acts on results.
- Coordinates communication for supplier quality problems and maintains strong connectivity with other plants to ensure worldwide compatible quality standards.
- Ensures adherence to and facilitates employee training and compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Follows safety procedures, standard operating procedures and quality policies and regulations.
- Develops and implements a quality system, ensuring both compliance to high standards and a quality focused workforce.