QA Test Lead
Irving, TX | Contract
This role will involve working with testers and subject matter experts to identify and develop test scenarios and test cases in HP Quality Center / ALM, and facilitating the execution of the test cases across testers in multiple functional areas. The POS Test Lead will report status to Test Manager and Project Lead regularly and will own the identification and communication of any issues or risks for the testing workstream on the projects. Project will be a Waterfall Model. We have an established process for how test cases are documented and how test execution is organized and reported out, and adherence to this process is required
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Leads functional testing activities on one large IT project or two smaller IT projects, concurrently.
- Includes working with Project and Test Managers on resource planning and timelines, coordinating the work of multiple testing resources to develop test scenarios and test cases, facilitating test execution and defect management activities, and providing regular status to Project and Test manager.
- Expert in functional testing process, including test scope identification, test requirements management, test case development, test scheduling, and defect management.
- Strong understanding of common Systems/Software Development Lifecycle methodologies, including Waterfall and iterative approaches like Agile / Scrum.
- Expert in using HP Quality Center / ALM and/or TFS for test and defect management.
- Independently documents and presents test strategies / plans to stakeholders.
- Experience leading multiple resources on projects (Understands Testing process, testing types, test methodologies and test Design techniques and Knows how to estimate, write test plans and has experience in Monitoring and Controlling Test Projects and has lead a team of 2-5 testers.)
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills with IT and Business audiences.
- Excels at working in a project environment and on cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams.
- Consistently delivers day-to-day assignments with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Independently develops key deliverables and publishes without supervisor review.
- Proactively applies a systematic approach to data gathering and analysis to make key decisions that are supported by facts.
- Able to influence others without authority in order to drive decision-making and solutions.
- Minimum 1 year of testing experience with a Brick and Mortar Retailer in the last 5 years and the retailer is either a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, Grocery store or a convenience store
- Bachelor' s degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in test / QA lead role.
- You may be working as part of a co-located testing team with 5-8 testers.
- Strong communication and leadership experience are key to success.
- Daily Triage with Developers/testers, other leadership meetings as needed, regular interaction with Testers, Functional Leads, Tech Leads, PMs.