Irving, TX | Contract
- Understand existing system at a high level
- Able to quickly understand the existing functionality within a week before testing starts.
- Create/Modify existing Test cases
- Analyzes the issues thoroughly before logging them as a defects
- Track defect through completion.
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining QA software products. This position requires a highly competent, results oriented, self-directed software testing professional focused on high performing and highly reliable software solutions. Responsible for creating and maintaining QA software for Client Identification Solutions Division products. This position requires a highly competent, results oriented, self-directed software testing professional focused on high-performing and highly reliable software solutions. Responsible for testing mobile wireless devices and related accessories according to test plans and/or test procedures to verify that the device(s) meet product specifications, industry standards as well as customer requirements. The position requires involvement with all aspects of development including reviews, product evaluations and analysis of captured log files. These duties require interfacing with Developers, Testers and other members of the project team. This position requires a highly competent, results oriented and self-directed software testing professional.
40% Responsible for functional and performance testing, escalations as needed, as well as reporting test results to meet required qualifications & expectations.
40% Responsible for the design, document and implementation of the Test Scenarios and Test Cases accordance to test plan specifications.
5% Work closely with the engineering organization to ensure that products are testable and can be validated.
5% Development of test plan specifications.
5% Ensure that the software meets or exceeds project performance, reliability, and quality goals.
5% Other duties related to the overall effectiveness of the Software Engineering organization including adherence to software life cycle methodology, tools, and internal tracking systems.
- Minimum 1 year of testing experience with a Brick and Mortar Retailer in the last 5 years and the retailer is either a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, Grocery store or a convenience store and
- Understands Testing process, testing types, test methodologies and test Design techniques and
- Knows how to estimate, write test plans and has experience in Monitoring and Controlling Test Projects
- Must know the QA testing fundamentals and know how to apply logic
- Must have Computer Science degree
- 2+ years’ experience in QA in Testing POS (Point of Sale)
- Must have good experience in Point of Sale Systems Testing.
- Hands on experience in Point of sale Tests Execution, Test data preparation.
- Experience testing credit, debit, gift card processing, credit certification
- Experience testing Point of Sale Loyalty Programs.
- 2+ years of Retail industry Experience
- Retail Back office and Front office applications testing for small and large retail format Stores.
- Strong knowledge on SDLC process and Defect Management Process
- Knowledge of functional and structural testing design techniques
- Experience in writing and executing test cases
- Ability to Report and Track defects
- Document anomalies and issues.
- Other duties related to the overall effectiveness of the Software Engineering organization including adherence to software life cycle methodology, tools, and internal tracking systems.
- Excellent Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Ability to take initiative and ownership on tasks
- Work in an offshore and Onsite model.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent Communication and Written Skills
- Computer Science degree or its equivalent of work experience required