Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
This position provides endless career growth opportunities within many emerging technologies, including Cloud, NoSql, Big Data & Analytics, and Cognitive Computing technologies. Our organization is made up of small functional teams (including Dev, DevOps, and QA), and this role would be leading a functional team in delivering new backend products. Our organization operates within a challenging, modern, and fun work setting, with a good work-life balance.
The ideal candidate will provide testing support using agile Kanban methodologies in a continuous delivery environment. This candidate will review stories and bug fixes, write and execute test cases, and manage defects for a specific feature. This positions requires basic testing or QA Analyst proficiency using a blend of exploratory and black box testing for assigned products, while providing the tester the ability to drive their tests and focus on high risk areas in the product. The candidate will also participate in requirements gathering, design and technical review to support overall achievement of business objectives.
- Create, document and maintain test cases for both existing and new product functionality Execute manual testing based on test plans/test cases.
- Create and analyze product issues, document appropriately using online bug tracking application
- Work with Developers, Client Services staff, Customer Support staff, Training and Documentation to isolate, clarify and document both functional and technical issues
- Communicate status on issues or roadblocks, as well as accomplishments and plans
- Maintain intermediate proficiency in the use of products
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of product quality assurance and testing experience
- Experience with RESTful API testing
- Write and manage test cases in test case management tool (Test Rail preferred).
- Document and manage defects in issue management tool (Jira preferred) and update status in project tracking tool (Jira preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Java & SQL
- Experience of writing unit testing codes in various unit testing frameworks like TestNG, or Junit
- Strong knowledge and hands on test experience of Web Services, SOA, ML, SOAP, RESTful API’ s and .NET or Java technology.
- Experience working with JSON structures
- Experience in various phases of testing, designing and developing complex enterprise applications.
Knowledge, Skills, Tools and Abilities
- Object oriented programming, debugging, and test automation skills with C#, C/C++
- Desire to learn new technologies and languages a big plus
- Able to convey information concisely and clearly
- Able to work closely and effectively with peers and work on several active projects simultaneously
- Excellent understanding of relational database design and strong transactional SQL scripting skills
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and load testing