QA Automation Engineer
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
You are smart and savvy, but you' re also trying to get to the next level of your career. We can help you.
First, and most importantly, we look for engineers who exemplify our cultural core values: positive, supportive, self-starting. We all love getting up in the morning and coming to work. We want you to as well.
Here' s what you' ll be able to do at client:
- Promote to the entire organization how important it is to ship high-quality / low-defect code. Strive for < 5% support tickets per active user.
- Establish first-pass baseline of functional regression tests covering at least 50% of key application features within 30-days.
- Create a suite of automated browser-based real world regression tests covering at least 50% of key application features within 90-days, and grow it over time at the same rate new features are released.
- Build out your test plans on the latest cutting edge testing platforms, tools, and technologies. Help build out the larger high level strategy behind quality.
- Work with Product Management to develop test plans for each feature. Work within our SCRUM process to ensure all features are tested and approved before being deployed.
- Report back to the leadership team with status updates on overall quality. Generate and track metrics to show improvement in stability and defect reduction over time.
Also, our stack looks like this:
- We do continuous deployment to production, which means.
- We write good tests. Not tests for the sake of tests, but tests that help us think out code design and protect ourselves from regression and ultimately move faster. We want more, and we want to automate them. Thats where you come in.
- We run everything on AWS OpsWorks. If you haven' t used it, its great. Think Heroku had a baby with EC2.
- We have a service-oriented design. We have 2 main products, but ~7 other service apps to support them and an internal API to connect them. It allows us to keep codebases smaller, optimize more specifically, and explore new technologies with isolation.
- We are mostly a Postgres shop, though one of our services uses Elasticsearch. Right tool for the job.
Finally, why work here instead of somewhere else? Good question:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care.
- We are cash-flow positive and enjoy being lean and mean.
- You will get to work and hang out at Atlanta Tech Village.
- We like to automate everything, except you of course.
- You will work with other amazing developers you can learn from and teach.
- We pay well, but probably won' t be your highest offer.
- You will experience joining at a high-growth/high-traction inflection point, as we have gone from $200, 000 ARR and 30 clients in January to $7.4million ARR and 1500 clients in June.
- We have challenging projects using modern technology.
- You will grow more than you would anywhere else.