Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
Develops and executes formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Is also involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and execution of automated scripts.
- Works with development, testing and production teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans.
- Reviews progress toward the plan regularly with IT leaders, technical teams and customers to make modifications as necessary.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Monitors, evaluates, manages and executes audit and testing processes to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates and facilitates quality assurance activities across projects with project managers.
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on QA methodologies and processes, educates them on their responsibilities/accountabilities for the purpose of achieving on-time and quality deliverables.
- Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the business needs.
- Analyzes and identifies trends in IT performance metrics. Designs, monitors and analyzes performance metrics program for quality improvement initiatives.
- Documents all problems and assists in their resolution.
- Makes recommendations and directs improvements to the software development lifecycle process.
- Senior analysts also:
- Conduct audits and analyze findings to develop appropriate corrective action recommendations. Documents non-compliance to policies, process and standards and assists in their resolution.
- Deliver quality process training to technical staff and act as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Provide training on established processes and policies.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on QA methodologies and processes, educates them on their responsibilities/accountabilities for the purpose of achieving on-time and quality deliverables.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information System, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 6 years of systems development and testing experience, with at least 3 years in a focused Quality Assurance and Test Planning role.
- Knowledge of systems lifecycle development, project management, and quality management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, negotiation, conflict resolution, risk management skills required
- Understanding of the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley compliance as it relates to software applications and information technology environments.
- Ability to multi-task management.
- Mature professional and team player.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Must be solution oriented and a creative problem solver
- Must be process oriented