Rancho Cordova, CA | Contract
Manage all aspects of client-facing projects throughout the project lifecycle, including project scope, schedule, communications, risk, resources, quality, costs and change management. The position is focused on projects for Federal Biometrics systems implementations.
The Sr. Project Manager has overall responsibility for the successful delivery of all assigned projects. This involves responsibility for project profitability, schedule, and customer relationship management. This individual is a key liaison to the client with regards to day-to-day management of the project plan and its progress for client implementations. They will function as a key liaison to the internal solution delivery teams for internal development efforts.
- BE, BS or BA (or equivalent) within a technical or business field or equivalent work experience
- Advanced Project Management Skills.
- Five years Project Management experience.
- Experience managing client-facing projects.
- Experience managing implementations of fingerprint/facial recognition/iris identification Biometrics Systems highly preferred.
- Must have customer-facing (external) project management experience
- Experience managing budget $500K +
- Have a technical background – i.e. systems integration managing large projects in matrix environment
- Current PMP Certification required
- Manages projects within the Biometrics Solutions Division:
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects
- Oversee resources working on client engagements.
- Review high-level project deliverables
- Implement project review and procedures in accordance with our project management lifecycle methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of customer project as measured by Biometrics Solutions Division goals and customer satisfaction
- Define project parameters and create activities and procedures to accomplish goals as defined by the project needs.
- Manage scope and mitigate risk on assigned projects
- Communicate project parameters and coordinate activities with all team members, departments and with appropriate management to ensure completion. This includes communications with all levels of management and non-management, both internal and external. Mediate consensus with customer and subcontractors regarding responsibilities, objectives, timelines, deliverables and activities. Manage all subcontractor activity. Manage escalations by customer or project resources to resolution. Primary interface to customer through face to face meetings and periodic status reports. Responsible to plan, coordinate and chair project status meetings. Document project activities and status meetings with supplier, subcontractor or customer. Prepare and present written change orders for customer signature and process as required. Obtain quotations from and manage service delivery by subcontractors. Identify and provision subcontractor personnel and supplier material as required. Provide required notice and documentation to establish warranty and maintenance support, suppliers and subcontractors. Project accounting including validation of direct and indirect labor and all materials charged to project. Prepare and safeguard project documentation including project plans and budgets, correspondence, meeting minutes, status reports and project deliverables. Project Accounting
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction. Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization for assigned projects. Addresses elevated billing issues when they arise. Financial Management
- Manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects. Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects. Sets expectations upward regarding revenue and profitability projections. Business Development
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on " add-on" sales opportunities across projects. Achieves " add on" revenue goals Assists in the identification of strategic accounts. Works in conjunction with the sales team to follow up on sales leads within practice. Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalizes on equity and partnership opportunities. Communication
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings. Raises our visibility through involvement in local industry organizations. Confronts issues openly and quickly. Effectively communicates relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers in other practices. Tactfully communicates sensitive information. Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual. Technical Understanding
- Assists in the evaluation and redesign of practice offerings. Possesses a thorough understanding of our service offerings, technical preferences, and technical direction. Leadership
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business. Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change. Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others. Teamwork
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition. Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities. Works across practice to share lessons learned and best practices. Client Management
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects. Anticipates clients needs and proposes alternative business solutions. Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Possesses a knowledge base of each client' s business, organization and objectives. Internal Operations
- Lends expertise to internal teams and task forces.
- Complies with and enforces standard policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the monitoring, actualizing project milestones, reconciling, revenue recognition milestones and tasks, ensuring Project completion per the terms and conditions of the project’ s contact.
- Responsible for the overseeing of project costs, including, material, inventories, etc.