Project Manager (Peoplesoft)
Vinings, GA | Contract
Project Manager (PeopleSoft)
Manage resources to ensure assigned projects adhere to defined standards and deliver projects on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the end customer while keeping in alignment with the defined requirements of Information Services strategy and business direction.
- Oversee larger and more highly complex projects.
- Assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, and develop project schedules.
- Responsible for determining and acquiring resources needed.
- Responsible for Vendor negotiation and management. Must be familiar with the entire scope and requirements of project(s) and serve as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project.
- Possess highly specialized knowledge in one or more specific technologies and business areas.
Provide effective project management (PM) by following established standards and contribute to improve PM methodologies with timely deliverables and measurements. Specifically responsible for:
- Leading projects through all phases of project activity, including initiation, planning, execution, control and close.
- Assessing, planning for, and mitigating project risks.
- Providing timely status reports and project documentation
- Identifying and ensuring proper skill sets, staffing and training to make project(s) successful.
- Balancing scope, timeline and resources as appropriate to ensure project success
- Managing requirements and establishing a change control process
- Overseeing timelines to manage the duration and track the critical path of project(s)
- Establishing and maintaining budget management procedures for the project under company guidelines.
- Coordinating relationships with contractors, consultants and vendors as required by the project.
- Applying advanced measurement concepts, implementing and teaching others how to implement measurements as part of standard work processes.
- Have a Bachelor’ s Degree.
- PM Certification Preferred.
- Be a polished professional.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Remain flexible and execute flawlessly in a dynamic environment.
- Have proven track record of IS Project Successes.
- Have Full SDLC and PM management lifecycle experience with proven results.
- Be able to operate efficiently in an unstructured and constantly changing environment.