Project Manager (LMS)
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
* Leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of simultaneous complex projects for systems that typically affect many users.
* Responsible for assembling cross-functional project teams and aligning team members to a common mission and goals.
* Demonstrate superior collaboration skills to appropriately define alternate solutions; and build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Resolve conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
* Fosters and manages productive relationships with executive level sponsors.
* Partner with vendor(s) to recommend enhancements to their products that can address our business needs.
* Participate in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge on developments in related fields.
* Train and develop project team members, providing performance feedback as needed.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to project managers on project management processes and leadership.
* Develop project charters
* Develop comprehensive project plans that include project resource requirements, schedules, budget, quality, communication, and risk management plans.
* Provide leadership, vision and direction setting for project teams.
* Negotiate and manage project contracts and budgets.
* Conduct activities to define product service levels and customer requirements.
* Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs, develop plans for improving products and communicate as appropriate to senior management.
* Identify, develop, and initiate innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist, working cross-functionally when required.
* Regularly make timely decisions by analyzing risks and understanding the future impact of decisions, escalating decisions to higher levels when needed.
* Anticipate potential problems or opportunities for change, acting decisively when needed in critical situations.
* Drive organizational changes by developing and implementing change management plans including detailed stakeholder analysis.
* Communicate complex topics a simple manner to all organizational levels and to external stakeholders.
* Set and meet realistic deadlines, forecasting changes to the project schedule based on current and potential issues.
* Create work standards for projects; establish and defines roles and responsibilities, specific outcomes, and clear measures for quality and success of the team.
Knowledge and Skills Developed in the Position
* Communication skills
* Knowledge of strategic thinking, planning, scheduling, and project management tools
* Detailed understanding of the nuclear industry
* Maintain and monitor all e-Learning systems ensuring high levels of performance and data availability
* Direct test and implementation plans for internal software updates
* Lead troubleshooting efforts and implement timely solutions to address internal system problems
* Work with utilities and Learning Management System (LMS) vendor to diagnose and resolve technical difficulties
* Work with system users to identify and support internal system improvements.
* Coordinate with Information Technology department as necessary to maintain internal system performance
* Negotiate contracts with software vendors for needed services
* Manage internal system budget
* Provide input to planning and budgeting processes for future needs
* Stay current with technology changes and propose solutions to maintain high levels of performance
* Develop, communicate, and maintain policies, procedures, and job aids for users
* Mentor and train project managers in project management processes and the LMS
* Develop and execute change management plans for complex changes
* Ensure Help Desk requests related to internal system performance are resolved in a timely manner
* Facilitate new service level agreements on internal System performance
• Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent project management experience
• Minimum 7 years of project management experience, with at least five years of managing Information Technology (IT) projects.
• Experience managing Learning Management System implementation projects
* Demonstrated record of project management success
* Experience in the relevant technical area
Preferred - Nuclear plant experience